Friday, February 11, 2011

Deidre Adams


Deidre Adams has done some wonderful photography for me and blogged about the quilts. Love what she wrote. Here is the link.

http://abstractions.deidreadams.com/2011/02/nancy-g-cook-%E2%80%93-seed-play/


This photo is one that Deidre took for me of Echoes of Tulip's Summer. Some readers may remember that I asked for help in naming it when my brain went dry.


I love Deidre's work. She does it all. She pieces, and quilts, and then she paints and does surface design work on the top. The results are very textural, complex and evocative images. I had the chance to see a group of them in a SAQA show at the Turchin Art Center in Boone NC a couple of years ago. It was truly magical.

If you are from the American Southeast, you probably recognize the Tulip Poplar tree. It is one of my favorites.

Our weather is wonderful right now. And a joy after the long cold winter we have had. It is mild to many of you, but long for some of us.

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment