Thursday, June 9, 2011

Making Progress on the Burr Oak



My progress on the Burr Oak acorn is continuing and slow. Yesterday I finished the bottom and underside of the cap and the acorn itself. At this stage the acorn is looking a bit fleshy. I am using the markers to color in the stencil cut out areas in this first photo.















You can see the freezer paper covering the top of the cap in the second photo. That is where I got to on June 7. And you can see the final progress I made at the end of June 8 in the last photo. I will be ready for a simpler design by the time this is done! Happy Quilting!

Nancy


5 comments:

  1. Dear Nancy,
    Your work just gets richer and richer! Thanks for sharing the steps--how do you keep from getting lost in those tendrils?

    Keep up the good work,
    Linda Laird

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindas, thanks for the kind comments. I just take one step at a time to keep from getting lost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nancy ,
    you art.work is Beautiful!!!
    Best wishes,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Wanda. Really appreciate the kind comments. Nancy

    ReplyDelete