Thursday, June 16, 2011

Sketches from Home







As a follow up to the workshop with Jane LaFazio on Sketching, Watercolor and Journaling, I have been doing a watercolor each day since. Here are the ones I have done so far.

The little wooden bucket is a gift from my dear mother in law. She always filled it with a group of marigolds. This is in her honor.

The heron is drawn from an abstracted wood carving by Bob Walkup, my uncle in law.

The green, white and gray vase was a surprise gift from my husband for my last birthday.

The onions are from my kitchen counter.


Do you sketch daily? What do you do regularly to stretch your art muscles?

Nancy

2 comments:

  1. Does drawing zentangles count? I do not sketch every day...even my tangles. I do need to start keeping my little sketch book with me again so I will do it more often.

    When I was sketching often, I found it easier to actually start creating an art quilt or a painting. It does seem to clear the mind and get the creative juices flowing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gloria,
    Seems to me that anything that gets the creative juices flowing is what counts - Zentangles or sketches of the day's events.

    I really enjoy the sketches and working with watercolors. I had never been drawn to painting before. But these little ones -- and Jane's instructions -- make it easy.
    Thanks again for reading my blog and posting.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete