Friday, September 11, 2009

Regeneration: Solo Show Opens in Chapel Hill NC


Susan E Brown and friend examining Southern Hospitality

Marni Goldshlag of the CCUU in Chapel Hill curated my solo show that will be in her church sanctuary from September 6 to October 25. It was a real thrill to see so many of my recent pieces hanging in the same space. Several friends from the Triangle came over for the reception. Great to see people I knew.

Marni selected the large floral Pelton’s Rose-Gentian to hang in the front of the sanctuary with Late Summer Dawn to the left of it. It was great to have an artist's eyes in someone more objective to give the starting point and final arrangement suggestions. Thanks, Marni!!
Here’s Marni posing for the photographer in front of Parallels and After the Frost.
Great colors, Marni!!

Another viewer is studying my Fall Series in photo 4.

Congregational members were very kind in coming early to church to see the work and stayed to talk afterwards. What a terrific experience all around in a great venue for my work.
Hope this peek of my solo show will be interesting to you. Please let me know.
If you are in the area, I hope you will check it out.
Community Church, 106 Purefoy Rd, Chapel Hill, NC
Sanctuary is open 11-2 Monday through Friday
Sunday before and after services. Services are at 9:30 and 11:15

Keep quilting
Nancy

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Nancy! The show looks fabulous. Love the way the pieces were hung; it's a very clean look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, thanks. The church uses a Walker system that required a different way of hanging than the slats with eye screws. My DH and I worked it out with velcro and cording. Nancy

    ReplyDelete